Driving Flood Safe
- Never drive through flowing water, a foot of water can float most cars.
- Don't sightsee in areas of flooding or rising water. You can cause additional flood damage to buildings and slow emergency crews.
- During heavy rains, keep your gas tank full so you won't be stranded.
- Keep an emergency kit in your car.
- If your car stalls in a flooded area, leave it and walk to higher ground.
- Listen to the radio for traffic updates, and follow recommended routes.
- Avoid unnecessary trips.
- Find out if you're in a flood prone area.
All information provided by the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness on its Web pages and Internet sites is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons. While Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness believes the information to be reliable, there may be a human or mechanical error. Therefore, Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information. Neither the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness nor any of its sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the use or results obtained from the use of this nformation. Other specific cautionary notices may be included on other information available from the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness on the internet.