Keeping Your Family Flood Safe
- Make a family disaster plan for floods, earthquakes and fires.
- Buy a battery operated radio or TV and keep new batteries on hand.
- Learn where your emergency kit, battery operated radio and flashlights are kept.
- Never walk or bike through rising flood waters.
- Don't go watch rising creeks and flood water, it's not safe.
- Keep neighborhood storm drains clear of leaves and debris.
- Never be a gawker & get in the way of work crews when it's flooding.
- Use sandbags to protect your home from rising water.
All information provided by the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness on its Web pages and Internet sites is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons. While Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness believes the information to be reliable, there may be a human or mechanical error. Therefore, Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information. Neither the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness nor any of its sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the use or results obtained from the use of this nformation. Other specific cautionary notices may be included on other information available from the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness on the internet.